"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
Bible Spotlight - ON ARMAGEDDON, part 2 quotes (final)
1) “And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.” Revelation 16:16.
2) Who is the False Prophet?
A prophet is one who claims to have received true messages from God, and then relays these messages to others (see Numbers 12:6; Deuteronomy 18:22). A false prophet would then be someone who claims to be speaking true messages from God, when in reality they are speaking error (see Jeremiah 14:14).
This False Prophet cannot refer to the Roman Catholic Church, for it has always claimed to accept tradition above Bible revelation as well as the right to change God's commandments. But the various churches of Protestantism have professed to follow the Bible and the Bible only as the basis of their faith and doctrine. Yet when one examines their practices they are seen to be exalting tradition and human opinion above the truth of God's word, and all the while claiming to be speaking the true messages of God! They are therefore a false prophet speaking forth error yet claiming that it is truth from God Himself!
What deceptive message in particular is issuing out of the mouth of apostate Protestantism? They claim that the law of God has been nailed to the cross of Christ and is no longer binding upon the Christian, because we are saved by faith alone! Yet Bible Christians understand that law is the basis of all government, and that God – the Ruler of the universe – has given humanity His law to keep!
“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of (breaking) all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.” James 2:10-11.
This inspired passage reveals that if you do not keep even one of God’s commandments then you are actually breaking the whole law. Since the various churches of Protestantism claim to be preaching the truths of God, while they teach for doctrines the commandments of men and thus are casting away God’s law, then this shows them to be the False Prophet, and from the mouth of these apostate churches shoots forth the third unclean spirit that works to deceive all the world.
3) It will be by this three-fold unholy union of the Dragon, the Beast, and the False Prophet, - or Satan, Roman Catholicism, and apostate Protestantism - that all the people of the earth will be forced to unite on the platform of error against God and the truth of the Bible and decide for or against God and His law (see Revelation 13:15-17).
4) “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” Exodus 20:8-11.
This Sabbath commandment is the only one out of the 10 that directly points to God - the Lawgiver as being your Creator, and hence to your obligation and duty to render obedience to all His commands. The Sabbath is also the only day out of the week that God has sanctified and made holy, and in keeping this day holy, then God will sanctify and make you holy. This means that the Sabbath is a sign between God and you that you are His child in this wicked world.
“Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Wherefore...the sabbath...is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.” Exodus 31:13-17.
Just like in Daniel's time, a man-made image will be raised, much as was the golden image upon the plain of Shinar (see Daniel 3). Will we worship and honor God, or worship and honor man?
5) “And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.” Daniel 12:1.
“When once the master of the house is risen up...he shall say, I tell you, I know not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.” Luke 13:25,27.
“Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers...the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low....He (Christ) will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the Lord, we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation.” Isaiah 25:5,8-9.
6) Let us live “by every word of God that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4; Deuteronomy 8:3).
“Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of live, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” Revelation 22:14-15.
“How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him.” 1 Kings 18:21.
“And if it seem evil unto YOU to serve the Lord, choose YOU this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the Lord…” Joshua 24:15-16.